Recipe by Melanie
I use a food processor to put together the vanilla wafer/pecan crust -- the highlight of this pie! I will make this one again and again, it is so easy and delicious. (Cook time is refrigeration time.) This is a slight adaptation of a recipe from Kraft Food & Family magazine.
- 22 vanilla wafers, crushed (about 3/4 cup crumbs)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces thawed Cool Whip Topping, divided
- 1 3⁄4 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F Process wafer crumbs, pecans and butter; press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 min.; cool.
- BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping; spread over crust. Pour milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minute or until well blended. Spoon over cream cheese layer.
- REFRIGERATE several hours or until set. Top with remaining whipped topping just before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.