Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is easy and delicious. It came from a cook book in honor of a young girl, Barbara Johnson, whose life was tragically cut short in an auto accident before she turned 20 years old. She had a beautiful smile and loved to cook.
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 16 ounces Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream (or your favorite!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 26 Oreo cookies
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 (16 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- Take the ice cream out to soften.
- Bring the condensed milk, the chocolate syrup, the 1/2 cup butter to boil. Simmer a few minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla and set aside to cool.
- Crush Oreo cookies; add melted butter. Press into a 9x13x2 inch pan. Place in the freezer 30 minutes.
- Arrange softened ice cream over crust. Place in freezer 30 minutes.
- Pour cooled fudge sauce over ice cream layer and place in the freezer 30 minutes.
- Spread Cool Whip on top. Place in freezer 24 hours before serving.
This dessert was easy to make and tasted great! I used homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. The fudge sauce is very good!