Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I am not sure where the name came from, but this is a family favorite sweet "nosh".
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 eggs, saving 2 egg whites for topping
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 egg whites, beaten stiffly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease well a 13x9-inch pan.
- For batter:
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, mixing well.
- Sift dry ingredients together, add to butter, egg and sugar mixture.
- Pat out into prepared pan.
- For Topping:.
- Add brown sugar to stiffly beaten egg whites, mixing well.
- Fold in pecans.
- Spread on top of raw dough and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then cut into bars.
- Good warm or room temperature.
Hard to find! I lost my recipe years ago. Thanx for making yours available.