Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I am not sure where the name came from, but this is a family favorite sweet "nosh".
Make and share this Mud Hens recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease well a 13x9-inch pan.
- For batter:
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, mixing well.
- Sift dry ingredients together, add to butter, egg and sugar mixture.
- Pat out into prepared pan.
- For Topping:.
- Add brown sugar to stiffly beaten egg whites, mixing well.
- Fold in pecans.
- Spread on top of raw dough and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then cut into bars.
- Good warm or room temperature.
Hard to find! I lost my recipe years ago. Thanx for making yours available.