Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are really rich. The egg white and brown sugar makes a yummy top for these little gems. There is no leaving out the walnuts and substation of other nuts. (I tried using almonds and they flopped )
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar, whole egg and two egg yokes. **Save the egg whites for the topping**.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Mix into the butter mixture and then pres into UNGREASED 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the walnuts, chocolate chips and marshmallows over the top of cookies.
- Beat the two egg whites till stiff.
- Gently fold in the brown sugar into the stiff egg whites. Spread over cookies.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- **Cut while still slightly warm (not hot).**.
- *These are rich so do not cut bars to large.*.
these bars were rich and gooey and made a very positive impression on everyone who tried them. what is there not to like, every part of these bars were delicious.
"Yummy delicious" These are oh so good and easy to make. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe. Made for Photo Tag Early Fall 2011.
Although I actually made these for my other half to take to work & share, I'll definitely be making these again just for us right here at home ~ Followed your recipe right on down & it's definitely one I intend to keep on hand to make again! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]