Recipe by Debbwl
These are really rich. The egg white and brown sugar makes a yummy top for these little gems. There is no leaving out the walnuts and substation of other nuts. (I tried using almonds and they flopped )
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (do not sub other nuts or leave out)
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar, whole egg and two egg yokes. **Save the egg whites for the topping**.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Mix into the butter mixture and then pres into UNGREASED 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the walnuts, chocolate chips and marshmallows over the top of cookies.
- Beat the two egg whites till stiff.
- Gently fold in the brown sugar into the stiff egg whites. Spread over cookies.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- **Cut while still slightly warm (not hot).**.
- *These are rich so do not cut bars to large.*.