1/2 Photos of Mud Hen Bars
These are really rich. The egg white and brown sugar makes a yummy top for these little gems. There is no leaving out the walnuts and substation of other nuts. (I tried using almonds and they flopped )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream butter, shortening, sugar, whole egg and two egg yokes. **Save the egg whites for the topping**.
- 3Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Mix into the butter mixture and then pres into UNGREASED 9x13 inch pan.
- 4Sprinkle the walnuts, chocolate chips and marshmallows over the top of cookies.
- 5Beat the two egg whites till stiff.
- 6Gently fold in the brown sugar into the stiff egg whites. Spread over cookies.
- 7Bake 30 minutes.
- 8**Cut while still slightly warm (not hot).**.
- 9*These are rich so do not cut bars to large.*.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mud Hen Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.3 mg
- Sodium 70.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g