Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Convent cooking. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good.
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- Cream shortening, butter,and sugar.
- Beat in 1 egg and 2 egg yolks.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Spread batter in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle walnuts, chocolate chips and marshmallows over batter.
- Beat the two egg whites remaining until stiff. Fold in brown sugar; spread over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 40 minutes. WATCH IT.
Yummy! I used all butter and pecans instead of walnuts. Everyone loved them! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Very tasty bars. I have had this recipe also for many years and has been a family favorite.