Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is very good with a large dip of vanilla ice cream.
- 1⁄2 lb butter, cut in 1/2 inch pieces,plus
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup good Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 cups strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 5 ounces chopped unsweetened chocolate
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large grade a eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- Grease a bundt pan with the 2 teaspoons of butter and then you will lightly dust pan with cocoa.
- Mix flour salt and baking soda by sifting into a bowl.
- Warm coffee and bourbon in a stanless steel bowl placed in a pan of simmering water for 5 minutes.
- Add your chocolate, the remaining butter and cook, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add sugar; stir until dissolved.
- Next stir in the flour a 1/2 cup at a time into chocolate mix.
- Add the vanilla and eggs.
- Blend with a whisk or electric mixer.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and bake for 1 hour.
- After baking cake will still be slightly soft in the middle.
- After removing cake from the oven let it stand at least 20 minutes.
- Then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool for at least 30 minutes more before you serve.