Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Source: Confidential. Recipe Status: Presumed Stolen.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream (regular or low fat)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, minced
- 2⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, washed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno chile, chopped (for less heat, seed the chile or reduce the amount of chile used)
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and a pretty light green color. (Or use a hand held immersion blender.) If mixture does not want to blend well, add a little bit more water, about 1-2 tablespoons-to help in blending. The sauce's consistency should be semi-thick. Read *NOTE.
- Best prepared several hours in advance.
- Great on tostadas, fish tacos, enchiladas, etc.
- *NOTE: If you prefer a thinner sauce, a salad dressing can be made by thinning the dressing with water or milk to desired consistency. You may have to adjust seasoning however.