Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Enough for the whole family.
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 35.43 g package taco seasoning mix
- 354.88 ml water
- 283.49 g tortilla chips
- 473.18 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 2 small red onions, chopped
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small avocados, chopped
- 473.18 ml shredded lettuce
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml chopped black olives
- 59.14 ml jalapeno
- Brown beef; drain. Add taco mix and water to beef. Bring to boil, stir, until liquid evaporates. Place in serving bowl.
- Place tortilla chips into a large bowl. Place cheese, onions, tomato, avocado, lettuce, sour cream, olives and jalapenos in smaller serving bowls.
- Each serve his own.
These were very tasty. I usually make nachos with just beans, cheese and sometimes a little shredded letuce and tomato. It was a nice change to add the groud beef. I ommited the taco seasoning though and just added my own Mexican spice blend that way I was certain there was no gluten or MSG. The kids really enjoyed having everything in seperate bowls so that they could create their own masterpieces. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made and reviewed for the April-May Potluck Tag.
I skipped the avocado and used green onions . I put all the ingredients in separate bowls and we each made our own using what we wanted. Then we placed the plates on the oven to melt the cheese. YUM Made for 1,2,3 Hit Wonders
This was more like a taco salad than nachos but delicious non the less. I made some dressing that consisted of taco sauce and sour cream and added that to the mix and we really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. Made for Holiday Tag :)