1/6 Photos of Mucho Margarita Cupcakes (Vegan)
Another fun recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest, freshly grated
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- 2Beat together lime juice, zest, soy milk, oil, tequila, vanilla and sugar.
- 3Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Combine into the wet ingredients and mix until smotth.
- 4Fill liners about 3/4 fill. I use an ice-cream scoop. Baek 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Transfer cupcakes to a cooling ratck and cook completely before frosting.
- 6Icing: Blend margarine until soft and fluffy; stir in soy milk, lime juice, tequila and food coloring. Use only the tiniest bit of food coloring.
- 7Sift in 2 cups confectioners sugar and blend until smooth and creamy. Add additional confectioner sugar if the icing appears too liquidy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 8Spread icing on the cupckaes spreading all the way to the edges.
- 9Roll the outer edge of the cupcakes in the sugar crystals.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mucho Margarita Cupcakes (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (1139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 206.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: