Another fun recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
Make and share this Mucho Margarita Cupcakes (Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest, freshly grated
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon soymilk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- tiny drop green food coloring
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt or 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1⁄2 cup large crystal decorator sugar (to decorate edge of cupcakes)
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Beat together lime juice, zest, soy milk, oil, tequila, vanilla and sugar.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Combine into the wet ingredients and mix until smotth.
- Fill liners about 3/4 fill. I use an ice-cream scoop. Baek 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes to a cooling ratck and cook completely before frosting.
- Icing: Blend margarine until soft and fluffy; stir in soy milk, lime juice, tequila and food coloring. Use only the tiniest bit of food coloring.
- Sift in 2 cups confectioners sugar and blend until smooth and creamy. Add additional confectioner sugar if the icing appears too liquidy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread icing on the cupckaes spreading all the way to the edges.
- Roll the outer edge of the cupcakes in the sugar crystals.