Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has been going through constant revisions in my private recipe files for more than a year. It is now ready for its debut.
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a small container.
- Brown one pound of ground beef or turkey and drain fat away. (I prefer ground turkey. There is no fat to drain away and it crumbles into tiny pieces very easily.).
- Throw in seasoning mix and 3/4 cup of water and mix well with your ground meat.
- Simmer until thick --
- Note: combine your taco meat with about half of a can of refried beans for a delicious burrito or chimichanga filling.
I make Mexican all the time and this comes in so handy. It costs pennies to make and much more to buy... Now that I am out of work it is important that I pinch pennies when I can!
Great seasoning mix. I did add 1 t. Mexican oregano but otherwise made as written. Great flavor and used 2 T. for 8 oz. beef.
This is such a great, easy recipe! Tonight I made enchiladas, and I used this seasoning mix in the ground beef. The only change I made was to add about 1/4 tsp. of oregano. The meat was good all by itself (I had to have a nibble), and the enchiladas were some of the best I had ever had! I also made your Mexican rice, Mexican Rice, to go with the meal. Thank you for sharing your recipes with us.