Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found as an Anonymous recipe on the net years ago. My son loves this.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 (15 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped coarse
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits.
- Scoop out the meat with a spoon, place in a small bowl, and mash with a fork.
- Stir in the lemon juice; add salt and pepper to taste.
- In another small bowl, combine the sour cream and taco seasoning mix.
- Stir to blend well.
- Spread the refried beans in an even layer on a large round platter or shallow casserole dish.
- Spread the mashed avocado on top of the beans.
- Cover with the sour cream.
- Scatter the chopped olives, chilies, tomatoes, and scallions over the sour cream.
- Top with the grated cheese.