Recipe by Anita Harris
I got this recipe years ago from a friend and these are a favorite of family and friends alike. They are on the rich side but OH SO GOOD!!!! They make alot but they do freeze well.
- 2 packages flour tortillas (small size)
- 1 (32 ounce) box Velveeta cheese
- 1 -2 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (28 -56 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- (You can shorten the time of preparing these burritos by just browning your ground beef, draining off grease and adding a pkg. of chili seasoning mix. It doesn't alter the flavor of these burritos that much).
- To prepare chili: Brown ground beef in large skillet; drain.
- Return to skillet and add seasonings, then add 2-3 cups water and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until chili is thickened.
- Make your Ro-tel dip.
- Lightly spray 2-13x9 baking dishes with vegetable spray and set aside.
- When chili and dip is ready take each tortilla and spoon 1-2 tbsps.
- chili down the center then cover with 1-2 tbsps.
- of the ro-tel dip and roll up.
- Place seam-side down in prepared pans.
- When pans are full cover top of burritos with the canned chili (I use 1 can for each baking dish) spreading to cover.
- Pour some of the remaining Ro-tel dip on top of each dish of burritos.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-45 mins or until hot and bubbly.