1 hr 15 mins
This soup version of Sub-Saharan Africa's ubiquitous Chicken in Peanut-Tomato Sauce comes from the Kongo people of the two Congos and Angola; it has much in common with other African peanut soups and sauces. From the Congo Cookbook. Times and servings are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large pot with enough water for soup.
- 2Bring it to a boil.
- 3Add the chicken and boil it until the meat is done and a broth is obtained.
- 4While the chicken is boiling, gently sauté the onion in several tablespoons of palm oil until the onion is tender.
- 5Remove the chicken from the broth and remove meat from bones. (Save the broth and keep it at a low simmer.).
- 6Combine one cup of the chicken broth with the peanut butter and tomato paste and stir until smooth.
- 7Return the chicken meat to the broth and add the peanut butter-tomato paste mixture.
- 8Stir and continue to simmer until the soup is thickened.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muamba Nsusu - (Congo Chicken Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 961.2
- Calories from Fat 624
- Total Fat 69.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 715.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 67.6 g