Recipe by DustyPyatt
These are filling and yummy and have no meat! I'm not a vegetarian but find myself craving these! I got this recipe from an Atkins book I think. I tore out the page but see that it's for stages 2,3 &4.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I saw this posted today and I'm glad I gave it a try! It was quick to fix and a great combo of flavors/textures.The shiitake mushrooms were a nice change and I used chopped cashews for the nuts. After I filled the tortilla I warmed in the micro. Thanks so much for posting, Secretingredients! Roxygirl
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 113.39 g shiitake mushroom, stems discarded, caps thinly sliced
- 473.18 ml coleslaw mix
- 59.14 ml chopped red bell pepper
- 59.14 ml teriyaki sauce
- 59.14 ml chopped peanuts
- 4 low-carb whole wheat tortillas, heated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet heat half of the oil over med heat.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, green onions, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to skillet and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until eggs are scrambled.
- Turn eggs onto a plate; set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and increase the heat to med-high.
- Saute mushrooms 3 minutes, or until tender and any liquid evaporates.
- Add colelsaw mix and bell pepper; saute 2 minutes or until cabbage is tender crisp.
- Stir in Teryaki sauce and peanuts.
- Remove from heat and stir in eggs.
- Spoon mixture onto tortillas and roll up.