Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
A recipe from Cooking Class Great Tasting Vegetarian Meals. Don't let the lengthy preparation deter you. Most of it is just explaining how to prepare the ingredients for cooking. As with most stir fry cooking, once that is done, the recipe can be cooked quickly. For the Peanut Sauce, you may use your favourite or Simple Peanut Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- peanut sauce
- 1 small napa cabbage or 1 small savoy cabbage
- 3 leeks
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut into 2 1/2 x 1/4 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup honey roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1PREPARATION OF CABBAGE:.
- 2Discard any wilted or bruised outer leaves of the cabbage.
- 3Cut cabbage into halves and cut halves into quarters.
- 4Remove core.
- 5Cut cabbage into thin shreds until you have 4 cups (use a chef's knife or food processor).
- 6PREPARATION OF LEEKS:.
- 7Remove any withered outer leaves.
- 8Cut off leaf tops down to where the dark green begins to pale and discard(using chef's knife).
- 9Cut off roots.
- 10Cut leeks lengthwise in half.
- 11Wash halves thoroughly under running water to remove soil.
- 12Cut leeks into 2 inch slivers until you have 3 cups.
- 13PREPARATION OF CARROTS:.
- 14Julienne carrots by cutting a lengthwise strip from carrots so that they can lay flat on cutting board.
- 15Cut carrots into 2 inch lengths.
- 16For each length, place flat side down on cutting board and cut lengthwise with utility knife into thin slices.
- 17Stack a few slices and cut into 1/8 inch wide strips.
- 18TO SOFTEN AND WARM TORTILLAS:.
- 19Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 20Stack tortillas and wrap in aluminum foil.
- 21Place in oven for 10 minutes or until tortillas are warm.
- 22TO COOK VEGGIES:.
- 23Combine soy sauce, sherry, ginger, cornstarch, sesame oil and garlic in small bowl and whisk until smooth and set aside.
- 24Heat wok over medium high heat until hot (about 1 minute).
- 25Drizzle peanut oil into hot wok and heat 30 seconds.
- 26Add leeks, carrots and mushrooms.
- 27Stir fry for 2 minutes until just tender.
- 28Add cabbage and stir fry for 3 minutes until just tender.
- 29Add bean sprouts and tofu.
- 30Stir fry 1 minute until hot.
- 31Add prepared soy sauce mixture to wok.
- 32Cook and stir until thickened (about 1 minute).
- 33PREPARE FOR SERVING:.
- 34Spread 1 tsp of Simple Peanut sauce on each tortilla.
- 35Add 1/2 cup of vegetable mixture on bottom half of tortilla.
- 36Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- 37Fold bottom edge of tortilla over filling.
- 38Fold in side edges.
- 39Roll up completely, enclosing filling.
- 40Serve with peanut sauce.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mu Shu Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.2
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1074.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: