Yummy! Very similar to how I remember Mu Shu Pork in Chinese Restaurants. Using the coleslaw it is simple and quick!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces Coleslaw (I use the type with cabbage and extra carrots)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons canola oil or 3 -4 tablespoons other vegetable oil
- 10 small tortillas
- hoisin sauce, for serving
- 1Wash and cut mushrooms into .5cm slices, set aside.
- 2Beat the three eggs in a bowl.
- 3Heat 3-4 tbsp oil in a large pan over high. The oil should coat the bottom of the pan.
- 4Pour the eggs into the oil once it is very hot. Let them sit in a thin layer until they are cooked through on one side and then flip them to cook the other side.
- 5Remove the eggs from the pan and chop into 1 inch squares.
- 6Turn the pan's heat down to medium high. There should still be a good amount of oil in the pan.
- 7Add the mushrooms and entire bag of coleslaw to the hot pan. Stir to get oil spread out among the vegetables.
- 8After 2 minutes add the onion powder, chopped garlic, and ginger. Stir to combine.
- 9Cook the vegetables until they have decreased in size and are soft. This is around 5 additional minutes.
- 10Place the eggs back into the pan and mix them into the vegetable mixture.
- 11Pour on the rice vinegar, soy sauce and Hoisin sauce and heat through.
- 12Meanwhile microwave the tortillas just enough to warm them.
- 13To serve take a tortilla and spread Hoisin sauce on it (I usually use 1-2tsp, my spouse loves Hoisin and uses 1 tbsp). Then top with the vegetable mixture. Close it up and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mu Shu Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.2
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 167.9 mg
- Sodium 1193.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: