Recipe by playfulvixen
I found this recipe online one day when looking for some new ideas. I couldn't believe what a big hit it was. My family can be very picky so it was a pleasant surprise.
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tri-tip steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt (optional)
- 3 cups tri-color coleslaw mix (with green cabbage, red cabbage and carrots)
- 1 granny smith apple
- 8 medium whole wheat tortillas, warmed (8 to 10-inch diameter)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Combine cinnamon and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 9 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- 2. Combine hoisin sauce and honey in large bowl. Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt, if desired. Add steak slices, coleslaw mix and apple to hoisin mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Place equal amounts of beef mixture down center of each tortilla, leaving 1-1/2-inch border on right and left sides. Fold bottom edge up over filling. Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges; secure with wooden picks, if necessary.