Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are many different versions of this on Zaar, here is a very simple one. Feel free to use pork or shrimp.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 1x1/8x1/8 strips or 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- In medium bowl, combine pork strips, (or shrimp), sherry, sugar and soy sauce; mix well. Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour or up to 6 hours.
- In small bowl, combine water, cornstarch and bouillon; blend well. Set aside.
- Melt margarine in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until firm, turning once. Remove eggs from skillet; cut into thin strips.
- Add pork/shrimp mixture to skillet; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Add cabbage, bean sprouts and mushrooms; cook and stir 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Add cornstarch mixture to skillet; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add eggs and onions to skillet; stir gently to combine. Remove from heat.
- Spread 1 tsp hoisin sauce on each tortilla. Top each with about 1/2 cup of the mu shu mixture. Roll up and serve immediately.