Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
These wraps are a family slow cooker favorite.
- 1 onion, diced
- 680.38-907.18 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml hoisin sauce
- 29.58 ml honey
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 340.19 g bag broccoli coleslaw mix
- flour tortilla
- Place the diced onion in the slow cooker. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, place it on top of the onions, and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until the meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken and onions to a medium bowl and shred the meat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, honey, and ginger, then stir the mixture into the shredded chicken and onion.
- Place a small handful of broccoli slaw on a warm tortilla, add several spoonfuls of the chicken mixture, and roll up.
We loved this - it's gone into the regular rotation at our house. I serve it as a lettuce wrap - low calorie, and sneaks some veggies into my picky carb queen daughter!
This was something that I wanted to try, it was easy and so tasty. It was like an orential burrito or a soft eggroll. I will make again, great with leftover chicken. This would work well with pork. I made no changes. Even got my picky son to eat and he liked it!
Everybody loved this dish. I mixed the broccoli slaw into the chicken/hoisin mixture to mask it from my picky eater. She ate every last bite! This is a great recipe, especially considering the short list of ingredients. Thanks, looneytunesfan.