Recipe by dicentra
This is from Everyday with RR. Yet another burger for me to try! :) Turkey can be used in place of the chicken.
Top Review by Edith T
I made 1/2 the amount of chicken patties which I actually made with turkey. This was about the right amount unless you have a lot more cabbage. My husband and I both really enjoyed the dish. Plus its easy.
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- hoisin sauce, to pass around the table
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix the chicken with the scallions, ginger, tamari, garlic and grill seasoning. Form into 8 small patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high to high heat until smoking. Add the patties and cook until well done, about 5 minutes on each side; transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the skillet and heat to smoking, then add the cabbage and stir-fry until wilted. Season with salt and add the sesame seeds.
- Pile the cabbage on plates and serve with 2 chicken patties per person. Pass the hoisin sauce around the table.