Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This mkhali recipe is traditional Georgian.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- salt, to taste
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch dill, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch celery leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch basil, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- Cut the beans into 3 or 4 pieces (no need if using frozen or canned) and simmer until almost tender in very little water (the water should evaporate completely), then salt lightly.
- Fry the onions in 2 tbsp butter until transparent, add the beans and herbs, then the remaining butterand braise for a few minutes, covered.
- Whisk the eggs togehter with a little salt.
- Remove the vegetables from the heat, pour the egg mixture over them evenly and leave to cook, covered, over very low heat until the eggs are set.