Recipe by Sackville
A creamy aubergine dip, described in a French Word-A-Day newsletter that I receive.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
A fabulously creamy variation on the more traditional baba ghanoosh recipes which use tahini, rather than yoghurt. It was the use of yoghurt that drew my attention to the recipe. I used a delicious home-made Greek yoghurt from a local greengrocer’s. A lovely blend of flavours, and a great texture. The only change I made was that I used 3 cloves of garlic (personal preference). I’ll be making this a lot more during the summer months. Thank you, Sackville Girl, for a truly wonderful recipe which I'd encourage others to try!
- 1 large eggplant
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the eggplant in a hot oven until the insides are soft, about 45 minutes. You will see the eggplant start to shrivel.
- Let cool and scrape out the pulp.
- Mix the flesh in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve chilled with a baguette or pita bread for dipping.