Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email from the www.recipe4living.com website. "If you can get a hold of huckleberries, this is a delicious pudding recipes! No huckleberries? Substitute your favorite fruit."
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup huckleberries (or your favorite fruit if you can't find them)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- whipped cream, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, sugar and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Mash the huckleberries and then combine them with the eggs, milk, vanilla and flour mixture.
- Place this mixture in a cloth wrapper and tie it securely.
- I believe Ms. Ruby used a cloth flour sack. Immerse this into a pot of boiling water and cook for 25 minutes.
- Untie, slice and serve with sweetened whipped cream.