Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
I drink a lot of Diet Coke (yes, yes, I know it's bad for me, but I don't drink soda with sugar in it) and sometimes I want something different. I recently came across a drink called Malta Goya - technically a non-alcoholic dark beer - which is quite tasty, but alas, has quite a few calories. Its' aroma is nice, very strong molasses, though the drink isn't as strong tasting as you'd expect. In any case, on a whim I tried mixing my Diet Coke together with the Malta Goya, and... oh my goodness, I've made something like Mr. Pibb! If you like Mr. Pibb but can't get it in your neck of the woods, you might want to give this a try. :)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Diet Coke
- 8 -12 ounces of malta goya malt liquor (actually "malt beverage" not liquor, is non-alcoholic, and is available at many Mexican groceries)
- Pour the Diet Coke into a very large mug or glass.
- Add 8 ounces (1 cup) of the Malta Goya. Taste it and see if you like it as it is, or want to add more; add more to taste, if you like.
- Add ice cubes, and enjoy!
- Note: apparently, a lot of folks who drink Malta Goya also add it to 7-Up, which would also be nice. I don't usually keep 7-Up around, but I'll get some and give it a try to make a report to you in the future. Come to think of it, brownies made with Malta Goya would be delicious -- hmmm! :) Ooo, Malta Goya floats, that'd be really nice -- .