Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have been making this apple crisp every year for Thanksgiving and other holidays for 10 years! Ms. Lamorte, my first grade teacher made it with the whole class and it instantly became a tradition to make every year. It is very simple, but so full of flavor. We always serve it hot with vanilla ice cream.
- Places sliced apples in a greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with the 2-1/2 tablespoons sugar.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar and margarine with a pastry cutter until it forms a clumpy mixture.
- Sprinkle this mixture on the apples.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Drooly good. I added a little wheat germ and flax seed to the topping.
I used 7 apples. Took no time at all with my apple peeler/slicer.....My DH really liked the crunchy topping...I thought it tasted better warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream...
Yum. So easy, and I liked the fact that it didn't use oats (something different). I used a crazy mix of Golden Delicious, Macintosh, Red Delicious, and Fuji apples and reduced the sugar in the topping to 1/2 cup. Also added a little ginger and nutmeg.