Recipe by superblondieno2
I have been making this apple crisp every year for Thanksgiving and other holidays for 10 years! Ms. Lamorte, my first grade teacher made it with the whole class and it instantly became a tradition to make every year. It is very simple, but so full of flavor. We always serve it hot with vanilla ice cream.
- 10 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Places sliced apples in a greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with the 2-1/2 tablespoons sugar.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar and margarine with a pastry cutter until it forms a clumpy mixture.
- Sprinkle this mixture on the apples.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.