Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This cucumber finger sandwich filling was created by Jenny Benedict, a popular caterer in Louisville, KY way back when. Now, it is a Kentucky favorite and dang near a recipe you MUST have on the table for a Derby party. This is pretty for St. Patty's Day and is so much better than a plain ole cucumber slice on a piece of bread. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Miracle Whip does not work!)
- 1 medium cucumber (the English variety works well)
- 1 -3 drop green food coloring