1/1 Photo of Ms.delores "fried Corn off the Cob" Just Like Grandmas
Diana in Atlanta, Ga.'s Note:
This is a recipe that my grandma use to make. She passed away and I never got her recipe. I got this recipe from my friend Mrs. Delores and it taste just like grandmas. This dish is perfect for any occasion or just a dish all by itself. This is also a perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Begin cutting corn off the cobb in a soft downward motion. After cutting corn scrap cobb for excess corn.
- 2Fry bacon until crisp; drain well, leaving about three tablespoons of the fat in the skillet.
- 3Add the corn, salt, pepper 3 tbl spoons of sugar and cornstarch or flour to the fat.
- 4Add water as needed stir occasionally.
- 5Sauté everything together for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 6Add the fresh corn and crumble the cooked bacon over the top.
- 7Continue cooking for an additional ten minutes.
- 8Serve while hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ms.delores "fried Corn off the Cob" Just Like Grandmas
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.1
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 334.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper