Recipe by Diana in Atlanta, Ga.
This is a recipe that my grandma use to make. She passed away and I never got her recipe. I got this recipe from my friend Mrs. Delores and it taste just like grandmas. This dish is perfect for any occasion or just a dish all by itself. This is also a perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas dish.
- 10 ears corn or 5 cups fresh corn or 5 cups frozen corn
- 6 slices bacon (I prefer sliced jowl) or 1 slice fat, back
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin cutting corn off the cobb in a soft downward motion. After cutting corn scrap cobb for excess corn.
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain well, leaving about three tablespoons of the fat in the skillet.
- Add the corn, salt, pepper 3 tbl spoons of sugar and cornstarch or flour to the fat.
- Add water as needed stir occasionally.
- Sauté everything together for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the fresh corn and crumble the cooked bacon over the top.
- Continue cooking for an additional ten minutes.
- Serve while hot.