Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup canned green chili pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- Brown the ground beef, drain off fat, or even better place browned meat in a strainer and shake out extra fat.
- combine browned meat and the remaining ingredients in a large pot.
- Simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, stir every once in a while.
This is so good! I left out the celery though because I don't like it cooked. I used 4 tablespoons of chili powder. DH likes it hot! Thanks :)
Great Chili Recipe!
I have prepared this chili numerous times and it always turns out great! I even placed 3rd in my first ever chili cookoff with this recipe. It is easy to make, and I usually prepare it in a crockpot so it's ready when I get home from work.