Recipe by ms carmelle
I came up with this recipe when I was 14 because I HATE celery and wanted an alternative.
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon of kraft grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave potatoes with skins on and as most microwaves have a 'potato' button use that but make sure that you turn them so they don't get crusty bottoms, and also be sure they are properly cooked and not hard in the centre.
- If you don't have a microwave with a 'potato' button try 5 minutes on high turn then another 5 minutes on high check to see how they are and possibly another 5 minutes on high and check again until cooked - careful as potatoes steam in the microwave so don't burn fingers!
- Whilst potatoes are cooking, chop onion finely and mix in with the mayo, milk, cheese, and dill; set aside.
- Let potatoes cool so as not to burn yourself . When ready, roughly chop potatoes and add to the mayo mixture.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Eat cold - great with BBQ!
- If you don't like reduced fat mayo and want to use the traditional, I suggest adding a teaspoon or two of red wine vinegar to cut the creaminess down a bit.