Recipe by ally525573
I wanted to post this recipe in honor of a lady who was a like a second mom to me.She did not like to cook.But, on the nights that I would spend the night at her house,she would make this for me.It would always make me feel really special.To know that she would take the time to do that for me.She passed of cancer almost 10 years ago.I just recently got this recipe from her mother. In loving memory of Annette Rhue.
Top Review by echo echo
I made this yesterday in two phases. I did steps 1-5 before going to work then finished up with steps 6 through 12 after getting home--nothing easier than that! I like the fact that the recipe uses cottage cheese rather than ricotta, though I imagine it would work with the latter, as well. I did substitute Italian herb seasoning for the straight oregano. A great, simple lasagna that will be easy to make often. Reviewed for PAC 2008.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- garlic salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Brown beef and drain.
- Return to pan .
- Add all the ingredinents except for the cottage cheese and mozzarella.
- Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.Don't worry they will cook more while the lasagna is baking.
- Drain the noodles.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Start to layer:noodles,mozzarella cheese,meat sauce,cottage cheese.
- Should make ttwo layers.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutesor until the cheese is bubbly.