Recipe by YungB
When I saw the combination of the ingredients in this recipe, I was not sure if it is going to taste good. Well, it was and the kids seem to love it. Another bonus is that it is so quick and easy to put together for this one-dish meal. I hope you will like it too.
Top Review by mersaydees
Very good dinner tonight! Made as directed. Not quite 10 minutes, more like 30 minutes start to finish with pre-cooked meat and potatoes. Wouldn't change a thing. My adult stepson says that he would make this too. Thanks, YungB! Made for My 3 Chefs Event, Spuds McSummer theme.
- 2 lbs pork or 2 lbs chicken, cooked, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup drippings, pork or 1⁄3 cup bacon
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups catsup
- 2 cups diced potatoes, cooked
- 3 (16 ounce) cans cream-style corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in pan, cover and heat slowly. Salt and more hot sauce may be needed according to taste preferred.
- Makes about 2 quarts.
- Source: Famous Recipes from Mrs. Wilkes' Boarding House - Savannah, Georgia.
- NOTE: Don't forget the preparation time is short because the chicken and potatoes are previously cooked.