Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Everyone loves this pumpkin pie even people who usually eat pumpkin pie. Originally from a Grange cookbook I adapted it so my son and I could eat it as we are allergic to milk. It has a wonderful texture and is just delicious. Doesn't taste like it's 209 calories.
- 2 1⁄2 cups pumpkin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup Rice Dream milk
- 1⁄4 cup Willow Run soy margarine
- 1 8-inch unbaked pie shell
- combine pumpkin, sugar and spices .
- Beat egg yolks slightly; add milk and melted margarine to mmixture, blending thoroughly .
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites .
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 450 degree oven 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 35 minutes longer or until tooth pick inserted in pumpkin comes out clean .
Delicious! We put it in a macadamia nut pie shell for a gluten and dairy free pumpkin pie. Took a little longer to bake than the recipe called for.
I was in a bit of a rush when I made this and it still turned out alright.... As lactose intollerance rules out a lot of deserts, this was a great treat! I used soy instead of rice milk. Thanks!