13 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 20 mins
From the Syllabub blog at blogspot.com. The same amount of broth can be used for anywhere from 8-20 eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Hard boil the eggs by covering with water and bringing to a boil. Cover, turn off the heat, and let sit for 15 minutes. Cool completely in cold water. This loosens the shell.
- 2Using the back of a spoon, gently crack the egg shells. Do not peel!
- 3Put the eggs in water just to cover and add the broth ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 1 hours.
- 4Remove from the heat and place eggs and tea broth in a covered container. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 5Eggs are best stored in the fridge, with shells on.
- 6To eat, shell the egg and serve as a snack, or salad or soup ingredient.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Sze's Tea Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 4563.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: