Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
When I was in college, a dorm friend's mom would send this dip with her to share with us. I asked for the recipe and have been making it ever since. That was 20+ years ago. It is the most asked for recipe and I've always shared it with my friend's mom's name.
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces salsa
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 -5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces black olives, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Soften the cream cheese and blend with the salsa, cheddar cheese, and Tabasco (to taste).
- Add the vegetables and mix until blended.
- Chill over night before serving.
I must admit, I scaled this way down and eyeballed the ingredients and it was really good with potato chips. Thanks! Made for PAC event.