Recipe by aspiring gourmet1
This pie is perfect for the holidays or family dinner during the cooler months
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 2 (15 ounce) cans yams, one drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash yams in a large bowl. Add other ingredients and beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and bake for 1 hour until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for at least 1 hour.