aspiring gourmet1's Note:
This recipe uses 50% less sugar than most recipes for Lemon Chess Pie, but still tastes great. This pie is best made using a wire whisk for blending. Electric mixers incorporate too much air into the filling and yield mixed results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Prick bottom of pie crust several times, then brown pie crust for five minutes.
- 3Break eggs into a large bowl and beat slightly.
- 4Add sugar, cornstarch, salt and cornmeal. Mix well.
- 5Add buttermilk and butter, mix well.
- 6Add lemon juice and zest. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- 7Pour filling into pie shell.
- 8Place in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- 9Reduce, heat to 350 degrees and bake for 35-40 additional minutes, until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- 10Let cool and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Steward's Lemon Chess Pie
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 176.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g