Recipe by Mille®
This is one of Mr. Somebody's favourite desserts, reminiscent of an old fashioned trifle
- 1 large jam swiss roll or 1 large jelly sponge roll
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and halved
- 5 fluid ounces white wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ounces caster sugar
- 10 fluid ounces heavy whipping cream
- pistachio nut, chopped
- additional strawberry, sliced,to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the Swiss roll and arrange in a large glass bowl.
- Pour the kirsch over the roll.
- Place the strawberries over the Swiss roll.
- Put the wine, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the cream and whip with a hand whisk until the mixture is softly stiff and holds its shape.
- Pour over the Swiss roll and strawberries, cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- At serving time, decorate with the nuts and strawberry slices.