Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 30 mins
This is one of Mr. Somebody's favourite desserts, reminiscent of an old fashioned trifle
Make and share this Mrs. Somebody's Strawberry Smash recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large jam swiss roll or 1 large jelly sponge roll
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and halved
- 5 fluid ounces white wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ounces caster sugar
- 10 fluid ounces heavy whipping cream
- pistachio nut, chopped
- additional strawberry, sliced,to decorate
- Slice the Swiss roll and arrange in a large glass bowl.
- Pour the kirsch over the roll.
- Place the strawberries over the Swiss roll.
- Put the wine, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the cream and whip with a hand whisk until the mixture is softly stiff and holds its shape.
- Pour over the Swiss roll and strawberries, cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- At serving time, decorate with the nuts and strawberry slices.