2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This is one of Mr. Somebody's favourite desserts, reminiscent of an old fashioned trifle
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large jam swiss roll or 1 large jelly sponge roll
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and halved
- 5 fluid ounces white wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ounces caster sugar
- 10 fluid ounces heavy whipping cream
- pistachio nut, chopped
- additional strawberry, sliced,to decorate
- 1Slice the Swiss roll and arrange in a large glass bowl.
- 2Pour the kirsch over the roll.
- 3Place the strawberries over the Swiss roll.
- 4Put the wine, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl.
- 5Add the cream and whip with a hand whisk until the mixture is softly stiff and holds its shape.
- 6Pour over the Swiss roll and strawberries, cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- 7At serving time, decorate with the nuts and strawberry slices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Somebody's Strawberry Smash
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.9
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 23.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jam swiss roll