Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mr. Somebody just loves this stuff.
- 2 lbs equal-size potatoes
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (large)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Cover the potatoes with salted cold water by 2 inches in a 3-quart saucepan and simmer, uncovered, until just tender, 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Drain in a colander and cool slightly.
- While the potatoes are simmering, whisk together the vinegar and salt in a large bowl until salt is dissolved.
- When the potatoes are just cool enough to handle, peel and cut them into 1-inch pieces, adding them to the vinegar mixture as they are cut, and toss gently with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Let cool to room temperature, then add the remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste and stir gently to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
I made this on 6/01/09 for the " Summer Salad Snap Shots " event in the Cooking Photo Forum. Here's how the recipe was made for just two people, the amount of potatoes were reduced to a pound. The vinegar was cut down to just about 1 teaspoon. Instead of using celery, ( which we don't like ) about 1/4 teaspoon of ground celery seed was used.The full amount of eggs were used and just enough mayo was added to combine the ingredients. Added salt and pepper to taste. I do believe that this recipe rates right up there with one of the best I've ever made. This will be made again. RIP Miller :)
This was excellent just the right amount of twang. I quickly cut the potatoes then tossed them all together with the vinegar mixture.
I just love potato salad and this was fabulous!I had my parents over for dinner and this was the first dish gone! I will be using this over and over!