1/4 Photos of Mrs. Seiko's Fried Rice
This came from a dear Japanese friend of mine who was also my daughter's piano teacher when we lived in Japan. A lot of times I will make this recipe with leftover meat. :) Do not let the oyster sauce scare you. :) It can be found in the Asian part of most grocery stores.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked pork or 2 cups shrimp or 2 cups cooked beef, chopped
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- 2 -3 tablespoons light soy sauce (or to taste)
- 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce (or to taste)
- 2 -3 eggs
- vegetables (cooked peas and or carrots, if desired)
- 1Heat oil in frying pan.
- 2Add rice, green onion, and meat.
- 3Cook over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes trying to coat the rice with the oil.
- 4Add sauces and mix well.
- 5Push rice to sides and scramble eggs in hole made in middle until done.
- 6Combine eggs with rice. Add in vegetables, if desired.
- 7Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 8Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Seiko's Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 97.0 mg
- Sodium 477.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 23.0 g