Recipe by SweetsLady
This came from a dear Japanese friend of mine who was also my daughter's piano teacher when we lived in Japan. A lot of times I will make this recipe with leftover meat. :) Do not let the oyster sauce scare you. :) It can be found in the Asian part of most grocery stores.
Top Review by Noo
Having a Chinese mother, I was practically brought up eating fried rice...and it's the same for my children now,it's one of their favourite meals.
I was interested to see how the wine and oyster sauce affected the flavour, as it's not something that I (or my mother) have added before.
The oyster sauce did add some depth to the flavour, but I didn't think the wine did much (maybe sake would be better!) so next time I'll just pour it into a glass for me to drink!!
I used leftover roasted chicken, carrots, peas, beans and sweetcorn....all clean plates!
Thanks SweetsLady- Made for PRMR.
- 2 -3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked pork or 2 cups shrimp or 2 cups cooked beef, chopped
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- 2 -3 tablespoons light soy sauce (or to taste)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon oyster sauce (or to taste)
- 2 -3 eggs
- vegetables (cooked peas and or carrots, if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Add rice, green onion, and meat.
- Cook over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes trying to coat the rice with the oil.
- Add sauces and mix well.
- Push rice to sides and scramble eggs in hole made in middle until done.
- Combine eggs with rice. Add in vegetables, if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!