1 hr 15 mins
Diana #2's Note:
This is a wonderfully moist, light cake with a hint of sweetness. A simple dusting of icing sugar is all that's needed to decorate. I've been making this for at least 30 years now. It was given to me by an elderly German lady, whose husband worked with mine. It's one of Billy's favourites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375*F. Grease a bundt pan and set aside.
- 2With an electric mixer, beat the first four ingredients for 5 minutes, no less.
- 3Mix together flour and baking powder. Add, alternating with buttermilk to the egg/butter/sugar mixture.
- 4Beat in the egg whites.
- 5Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- 6Add cocoa to the remaining batter.
- 7Add spoonfulls of the cocoa batter on top of the white batter, and marble with a knife.
- 8Bake for 1 hour, or until tested done with a toothpick.
- 9Cool for 10 - 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- 10Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Schmidt's Marble Kugelhuph
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 386.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g