Recipe by Ju_Staniford
Mrs Saunders used to make this for her son Jimbo and he passed on the recipe. Sorry about the name. It's not my fault and the name Jim calls it by is ever so slightly ruder. The cooking time here is actually chill time and the cake itself only takes 15 minutes or so to prepare.
- 12 ounces plain baking chocolate
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 405 g condensed milk
- 10 ounces rich tea biscuits, crushed
- 1 ounce raisins
- 3 walnuts, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 6oz of the chocolate and all of the butter in a saucepan with the condensed milk, being careful to ensure that the mixture does not get hot enough to boil.
- Stir in the biscuits, raisins and walnuts.
- Line a tin or platter with foil and use it as a base on which to form the mixture into a log shape.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Melt the remaining 6oz of chocolate and use to coat the cake. Refrigerate until hardened or until ready to eat.