1 hr 40 mins
In' Mrs. Rowe's Little Book of Southern Pies'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°; line a 9-inch pie plate with 1 rolled-out pie pastry.
- 2Put peaches in a bowl; add lemon juice, and gently stir to coat.
- 3In another bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well, then add to the peaches.
- 4Gently stir to coat the peaches, then spoon the filling evenly into the crust.
- 5Brush the rim of the crust with water, cover with the second rolled-out pie pastry, seal, and flute or crimp the edges, and cut a few steam vents in the top.
- 6Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- 7Remove from oven, brush with melted butter, and cool on a wire rack for 1 hour before slicing.
- 8Serve at room temperature or slightly warm.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Rowe's Fresh Peach Pie
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.6
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 33.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g