Mrs. Rowe's Fresh Peach Pie
- Preheat oven to 425°; line a 9-inch pie plate with 1 rolled-out pie pastry.
- Put peaches in a bowl; add lemon juice, and gently stir to coat.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well, then add to the peaches.
- Gently stir to coat the peaches, then spoon the filling evenly into the crust.
- Brush the rim of the crust with water, cover with the second rolled-out pie pastry, seal, and flute or crimp the edges, and cut a few steam vents in the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, brush with melted butter, and cool on a wire rack for 1 hour before slicing.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly warm.