- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 slices day-old homemade bread (1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for serving
- maple syrup, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla together in a shallow container.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or on a griddle over med-high heat.
- One at a time, thoroughly coat the bread slices on both sides in the egg mixture.
- Remove the bread from the batter, letting any excess drip off.
- Fry the toast until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup.