Kat's Mom's Note:
Found in Mrs. Rowe's Little Book of Southern Pies. So simple, so tasty and so easy on the budget compared to buying pre-made! Perfect for Grasshopper Pie or cheesecake pie. This crust can be made a day ahead and stored in the refirgerator. Please allow at least 1/2 hour of cooling time before filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups crushed chocolate cookie crumbs (use plain cookies without filling or icing)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2Combine crumbs and butter; mix well.
- 3Firmly and evenly press mixture into a 9" or 10" pie plate.
- 4Bake for 8-10 minutes until the crust darkens to a deeper (almost black) brown color.
- 5Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before filling.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Rowe's Chocolate Cookie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.7
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 259.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g