This is from Louis Rich, a major turkey distributor, at least in the western part of the country. Tender turkey cutlets, great with mashed potatoes or pasta, or great as sandwiches. It's so versatile so add your own special touch to it! Personally, I like to pound or flatten the slices to make them thinner and a little crispier, but that choice is up to you. Amounts of flour and cheese are approximate, as turkey slices vary in thickness and weight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs deli turkey (Louis Rich fresh turkey slices, figure 4-6 slices about 2 lbs., Whatever brand you usually buy is fi)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium lemons, juice of (about 1/2 Cup)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 beef bouillon cube, dissolved in 1/2 Cup hot water
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1Mix flour, cheese, salt and pepper.
- 2Moisten turkey slices and bread with the flour/cheese mixture.
- 3Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet and sauté slices until they turn a light brown.
- 4Set meat aside in a warm place and sprinkle meat with the lemon juice.
- 5To make gravy: Mix together the bouillon, wine and egg yolk.
- 6Add mixture to drippings in the skillet; bring to a boil and stir vigorously until sauce thickens.
- 7For thicker gravy, add a mixture of 2 teaspoons cornstarch and 3 teaspoons water to the sauce in the skillet.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Rich's Turkey Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 183.0 mg
- Sodium 3651.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 38.4 g