another neat recipe found on nick.com
Make and share this Mrs. Puff's Pastry Fish recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheets into 12- by 18-inch rectangles. Slide them onto a baking pan and place in the refrigerator. Let them settle about one hour, until firm.
- While the dough is settling, make the tuna salad. Drain the cans of tuna and mix with the onions celery, mayonnaise, and salt and pepper. Set it aside.
- Using a floured fish-shaped cookie cutter, help your kids cut out 16 pieces from the pastry sheets. (If you do not have a fish-shaped cutter, draw a simple fish on a piece of cardboard, cut it out, and use it as a template.)
- Divide the filling evenly among eight of the fish pieces, leaving a 1/4-inch border all around. Place a cheese slice on top of the filling.
- With a pastry brush or small, clean paintbrush, brush the 1/4-inch border of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Place the top pieces on the filled bases and lightly press together the edges with a fork to seal in the filling.
- Brush the tops of all the fish with the egg wash. With the tip of a knife, poke a small hole to make an eye. You can also lightly cut a fin shape, being careful not to press the knife tip all the way through the dough.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until well colored and crisp.