1/1 Photo of Mrs. Puff's Pastry Fish
another neat recipe found on nick.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F
- 2On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheets into 12- by 18-inch rectangles. Slide them onto a baking pan and place in the refrigerator. Let them settle about one hour, until firm.
- 3While the dough is settling, make the tuna salad. Drain the cans of tuna and mix with the onions celery, mayonnaise, and salt and pepper. Set it aside.
- 4Using a floured fish-shaped cookie cutter, help your kids cut out 16 pieces from the pastry sheets. (If you do not have a fish-shaped cutter, draw a simple fish on a piece of cardboard, cut it out, and use it as a template.)
- 5Divide the filling evenly among eight of the fish pieces, leaving a 1/4-inch border all around. Place a cheese slice on top of the filling.
- 6With a pastry brush or small, clean paintbrush, brush the 1/4-inch border of the pastry with the egg wash.
- 7Place the top pieces on the filled bases and lightly press together the edges with a fork to seal in the filling.
- 8Brush the tops of all the fish with the egg wash. With the tip of a knife, poke a small hole to make an eye. You can also lightly cut a fin shape, being careful not to press the knife tip all the way through the dough.
- 9Bake for about 20 minutes until well colored and crisp.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Puff's Pastry Fish
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.7
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 377.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 16.6 g