Recipe by Chris Reynolds
This recipe was submitted to Ladies' Home Journal by Kate Lawler. I am posting it here for safe-keeping!
Top Review by Happiest In the Kitchen
So glad someone saved the recipe here since LHJ is now gone. I love this recipe because it is so easy. I usually buy regular skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut off & freeze the tenderloin (great for kebabs or stir fry later) & then pound the breasts to the desired thickness. I season the breasts before I put on the cracker/cheese mix. I just sprinkle it on and use my hands to press it into the breast. A little melted butter on the naked breast helps it to adhere.<br/>It's even good cold the next day, if there's any left.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed crackers (such as Ritz)
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (1/2 lb) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine crushed crackers, Parmesan, and pepper in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally, so you have 8 pieces total. Pound each chicken piece between two sheets of plastic wrap until very thin, about 1/4" thick.
- Coat chicken in butter, then dredge in cracker mixture, pressing crumbs firmly onto each piece. Lay chicken in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until golden and cooked through.