Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe was submitted to Ladies' Home Journal by Kate Lawler. I am posting it here for safe-keeping!
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed crackers (such as Ritz)
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (1/2 lb) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 425°F Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine crushed crackers, Parmesan, and pepper in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally, so you have 8 pieces total. Pound each chicken piece between two sheets of plastic wrap until very thin, about 1/4" thick.
- Coat chicken in butter, then dredge in cracker mixture, pressing crumbs firmly onto each piece. Lay chicken in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
So glad someone saved the recipe here since LHJ is now gone. I love this recipe because it is so easy. I usually buy regular skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut off & freeze the tenderloin (great for kebabs or stir fry later) & then pound the breasts to the desired thickness. I season the breasts before I put on the cracker/cheese mix. I just sprinkle it on and use my hands to press it into the breast. A little melted butter on the naked breast helps it to adhere.<br/>It's even good cold the next day, if there's any left.
I've made this recipe and it was amazing! Everyone loved it and the kids came running because of the smell coming from the oven. So quick and easy!